Optimum Direct Care offers individuals and families an innovative way to receive comprehensive health care services. As a membership-based medical practice with a patient-first culture, we’ve taken insurance companies completely out of the equation, eliminating the coverage uncertainties, copays, deductibles, and claim submission requirements that go along with them. Instead, for a set monthly membership fee, we offer unlimited direct primary care (DPC) services and unrestricted access to Dr. Toni “Muzzi” Muzzonigro, our board-certified family practice physician.
Benefits of DPC Membership
As an alternative to the bureaucratic fee-for-service health care model, a direct primary care practice offers a more relaxed and streamlined health care experience for patients. Here’s how:
- Patients have unrestricted access to their primary care physician whenever necessary, for whatever amount of time is appropriate, and in whichever way is most convenient – an office visit or a telemedicine consultation via voice, video conferencing, or SMS text.
- Unlike a traditional primary care provider, a DPC practice does not rely on insurance reimbursement for sustainability. Therefore, there is no need to squeeze in an unreasonably high number of patients every day, or process volumes of paperwork to justify patient interactions to an insurance company. This leaves physicians with more time to devote to what they do best – practice medicine.
- Physicians can be more creative in meeting their patients’ needs. There is no need to “check the boxes” on insurer-designed forms listing numerous tasks that have little or nothing to do with improving a patient’s long-term health.
- Physicians are able to discuss and address multiple health issues during a single consultation. There is no pressure from an insurer to require a separate appointment – and receive a separate copay – for every single question or ailment a patient has.
- Physicians are able to truly get to know their patients. The resulting doctor-patient familiarity reduces the need for urgent care and emergency room visits and ultimately improves health outcomes.
- Patients know ahead of time exactly how much their health care will cost. Instead of paying separately for each appointment, test, procedure, and treatment, DPC patients pay a set monthly membership fee.
If you’ve grown tired of the rushed and impersonal nature of the health care status quo, DPC may be the right health care choice for you. To find out how you can benefit from the latest advances in medicine practiced the old-school way, contact Optimum Direct Care today. When you become a member of our direct primary care practice based in Orlando, FL, you’ll feel like you have a doctor in the family.