Our Direct Primary Care Services
Optimum Direct Care is a direct primary care (DPC) provider that offers better access to health care. We’ve replaced the traditional fee-for-service and third-party billing structure with a set membership fee. The defining element of our practice is trusted and enduring doctor-patient relationships.
Members of Optimum Direct Care benefit from extraordinary access to our board-certified family practice physician, Dr. Toni “Muzzi” Muzzonigro. In turn, Dr. Muzzi is accountable first and foremost to her patients, rather than their insurance companies. In addition to enhancing both patient and doctor satisfaction, the DPC model ultimately leads to better health outcomes.
Unlimited Access to the Health Care You Need
As a member of Optimum Direct Care, you’ll have unlimited access to a wide range of direct primary care services, including:
- Preventive care – Customized wellness exams, sports physicals, medication reviews, vision screenings, hearing screenings, nutritional guidance, cardiovascular health screenings, and more
- Urgent care – Treatments for many common illnesses and injuries, including the common cold, flu, coughs, sore throats, fever, headaches, earaches, urinary tract infections, wounds, minor burns, sprains, strains, minor fractures, sports injuries, and more
- Chronic disease management – Diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), arthritis, irritable bowel syndrome, and more
- On-site diagnostic testing – Electrocardiogram (EKG), rapid strep, blood glucose, pulse oximetry, urinalysis, fecal occult blood, pregnancy, blood pressure, and in-office lab draws
- In-office procedures – Laceration repair, skin tag/mole/wart removal, abscess incision and drainage, ingrown nail repair, non-operative foreign body removal, basic wound care, splinting and wrapping sprains/strains/minor fractures, intrauterine device (IUD) removal, joint injections, flu shot administration, tetanus booster administration, acne cyst injections, ear wax removal, cryotherapy, nebulizer treatments, Pap smears, suture removal, skin punch biopsies, and diabetic foot checks.
- Free Generic prescriptions from our formulary – Antibiotics, blood pressure medications, diabetes medications, and other prescription medications dispensed on site at no additional cost
- Patient education – Preconception education, breastfeeding education, pediatric safety counseling, and more
- Off-site diagnostic testing – Discounted medical imaging and lab services
Multiple Expert Opinions
In addition to extended face time with Dr. Muzzi and unrestricted telemedicine consultations via voice, video conferencing, and SMS text, you’ll also benefit from multiple expert opinions. Through RubiconMD, we have the ability to consult remotely with a network of top specialists, enabling us to provide timely, expert clinical advice and potentially eliminate the need for costly and time-consuming specialist visits.
If you’re ready to build a strong foundation for optimum health and wellness throughout your life, contact Optimum Direct Care today. Dr. Muzzi is happy to meet with prospective new patients to explain our direct primary care services in depth.